Week 10 : EDU456

 

\



    I was a student towards the end of semester 2 unconsciously. From the first to the tenth week of this course, EDU456, I learned a lot. These innovative teaching and learning technology have improved my life. Let me go over what I've learned in the last 10 weeks. I was exposed to an introduction to this course during the first week. I was already looking forward to exploring this subject with my peers when the lecturer presented it. When the lecturer explained the objectives of this course, assigned different course assignments, and explained the assignments that must be completed during the semester, I was motivated to finish them all well and in a timely manner. The lecturer's way of delivery also expanded my eyes and encouraged me to keep searching for knowledge. I've been introduced to ADDIE in the second week. I heard this term for the first time in my life. In today's classrooms, the term "ADDIE" stands for Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate. In the third week, I studied grammar tools, and I discovered that there were many more grammar tools accessible, but they were less popular. During that week, I had to discuss the benefits of the grammar tool as well as compare and contrast the two grammar tools in order to determine which was best. This drew my attention. The course covers animated videos in the fourth week. I created my animated video for the first time. I just discovered that this animated video can be created with PowerPoint, and it's a lot of fun. In the fifth week, I am allowed to write a blog using any creative technological tool utilised in teaching. It can be chosen based on an LMS tool, a MOOC, a quiz-making app, a website, game-based learning, an app, or anything else that interests me. The following week, the sixth week, I was given the task of developing a lesson plan with the rest of the group based on a topic and category we decided. We were also instructed to produce a blog about whatever we chose in the seventh week. It could be about reflection, technology, or online education. My friends and I learned about presentation tools in the eighth week. Some presentation tools that I was unfamiliar with piqued my interest, and I want to use them in the future. We were given the task of creating one slide utilising the internet presentation tools and comparing them to PowerPoint. I learned about flipped classrooms last week. I was exposed to the flipped classroom's objective, primary benefits. This is a lot of fun. That's what I learned this semester in this class.

    
    What I like most about this course is the method of instruction, which employs a variety of techniques. As you are know, I am writing this blog as part of my E-portfolio assignment for this semester. This is quite fascinating and distinct from the others in my opinion. Sometimes this normal is boring, right? Previously, each course assignment had to be completed in Microsoft Word or Google Docs, but doing it this time in a different approach may pique my interest. I can also use my creativity to design my blog. The most intriguing part is where the public may read the consequences of my writing. I may share ideas and knowledge with others in the unconscious.I don't have to worry about losing my work if any problems occur when I'm creating my writing if I use this blog writing method as well. This is because every time I write on the blog every writing is immediately saved in the drafts. For example, when I was writing this blog, my laptop suddenly ran out of battery and shut down on its own. I don't need to be worried because I can charge my laptop and resume my stopped task. Since this Covid-19 pandemic that has reached our country is becoming increasingly dangerous, internet education is being performed to prevent the spread of this contagious pandemic. Although the epidemic persists, I hope to make this course more exciting by holding face-to-face classes while following to the SOPs. This is because face-to-face courses enhance the passion of students and make themselves a student more motivated. This viewpoint may also encourage students to be more disciplined in their pursuit of knowledge. Unlike now, some students wake up from sleep and go directly to class, while others go to class online and sleep or do other work, and still others do not enter the class directly.That makes it impossible to develop the spirit of learning in students. Face-to-face teaching can also improve two-way communication between lecturers and students. This is because some students are uncomfortable to raise questions in an online class, and others may struggle to understand what the teacher is saying. These are simply my suggestions for improving this course.

    To be honest, I believe that this course is critical for educators to understand and apply while teaching. This is due to the fact that, in this age of globalisation, the use of technology is critical, particularly in the present covid-19 epidemic. We can easily see that the utilisation of learning technologies is highly vital today because all lessons are now delivered online. Students now easily lose focus by doing things like watching movies in class, eating in class, sleeping in class, or surfing social media in class. As a result, educators must be innovative in order to capture students' interest, such as by creating creative slides or using alternative learning methods. Teachers may simply practise these topics with this course because it teaches all of these. This course is also very intriguing to me because it is a different technique of learning it. That's all I have to say. Thank you very much.

                                       
   

Comments

  1. Thanks, Afiqah. Let's hope and pray that we can control the Covid19 outbreak so we will be able to go back to campus soon! Till then, take care, satay safe, stay healthy, and enjoy your break! :) - Dr Azah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innovative Technological Tool.

Presentation Tools.